We were recently looking through the Pantone Edition of The Complete Color Harmony by Leatrice Eiseman and we were so inspired by the Piquant palette featured in the book. If you’re like us, you may be saying, “piq – whuuut?!” The Piquant palette is a collection of spice-colored hues. Think chili pepper red, blood orange, saffron, cayenne, persimmon, tumeric, mustard, purple basil, with a splash of lemon and lime. Is your mouth watering yet?
If you’re looking for a way to warm up your space, bringing in elements of the piquant palette is the perfect way to achieve a yummy, spicey look. Muy caliente!
Next time you are your local thrift store or flea market, keep an eye out for eggplant, ochre, blush, and chartreuse tones. Layer them the same way you layer flavors while cooking – something sweet (dark magenta, for example), something grounding like a dark wood, a dash of spice like a pop of orange, and don’t forget the tang! Throw in a bit of lime green for an unexpected pop!
How can you get the look? We got you! Here are some of our favorite piquant pallete-inspired pieces.
- Kilim Upholstered French Club Sofa
- Sebastian Herkner Coffee Table | Chairish
- Round Pintuck Pillow | Urban Outfitters
- Embroidered Rami Pillow | Anthropologie
- Ralia Rug | Anthropologie
- 20th C. Faux Bamboo Side Table | Chairish
- Rivona Chair | Anthrpologie
- Tiled Tabletop Lantern: Metallic/Gold – Glass by World Market
- Vela Stratus Pendant | Anthropologie
- Care Free by Kenesha Sneed | Jungalow Shop