If you’ve been following along on my Insta stories, you’ll know that the bathroom remodel is well underway. The demo is complete. The framework for the new layout is in. As you can see above and below, my contractor and his team have finished laying the cement for all the tile work, and as you scroll down, you’ll see that the most of the Fireclay tile is in as well.
We’ve created arched niches in this bathroom as well (remember in our other bathroom we put them all over the place.) The one that you’re looking at above is above the bath tub.
The wainscoting is up. It’s ‘Elephant star‘ tile that we had made in custom colors. I’m in love with the colors. The one surprise here was that once up on the wall, the tiles read smaller than they actually are due to how the motif becomes divided up into little circles. It was kind of a surprise — but I’m actually really loving it.
The Field Tile (in Tidewater) is going into the bath tub / shower area and on the floors layed out in a harringbone pattern. Max, our tile installer, is laying out the pattern in the TV room before he installs it above our humungous window that we had installed above the tub.
Here, Max is installing the Elephant Star in the inside of the niche, creating so much depth and contrast in the tub area.
I’m currently in Miami, but when I get back tomorrow I am very excited to see the new progress. Stay tuned on my Insta Stories for real-time updates!