Here at Jungalow, we are inspired by all sorts of silhouettes. Recently we’ve been really drawn to the ‘arabesque’. Arabesques are a fundamental element of Islamic art and design. In the above pic, Gilian Lawlee painted a black arabesque shape over the entrance to her hallway. It really adds a beautiful decorative element to the passageway, don’t you think?
In my yard, this pendant lamp has an arabesque shape to it as well. I like how the point of the pendant centers the space.
Below, you’ll find a roundup of pieces we love that boast that beautiful shape, in form and/or in pattern.
- Calabash Pendant | Anthropologie
- Gold Wavy Accent Mirror | World Market
- Tiled Embroidered Pillow Cover | Pottery Barn
- Patterned Velvet Pillow | Anthropologie
- Orange Bailey Area Rug | World Market
- Lacework Bed | Anthropologie
- Serafina Jug Vase, Brass | Lula & Georgia
- Morocco Key Hook | Anthropologie
- Black and White Ceramic Knobs Set of 2 by World Market
- Ivory and Chinois Green Adilah Towel Collection | World Market