Hi friends! Meet Melanie! She’s she newest addition to Team Jungalow and today she’s going to share a DIY gift wrap idea with us. Take it away Mel! xx ~Justina
It’s gift-giving season! Try something new this year with the gift packaging. Usually, when the wrapping is pretty, you know you’re in for a treat! Don’t have wrapping paper lying around? It’s all good! Look around your house and see what you can find. Fabric? Crates? Bags? Leaves? Yarn? Get creative and have fun!
What you’ll need:
Paint + Paint Brush
Brown Paper Bag
What you do:
1. Use scissors with a jagged edge or straight edge. Cut the brown paper bag to size. Tip: Put the gift in the bag first to measure how much you need to cut off.
2. Lay the bag flat and paint. This can be a first initial, full name or if you’re feeling super creative, paint a fun and easy pattern — polka dots? Stripes?
3. Fold a 1 – 2 inch flap and seal with colorful washi tape.
4. Gather fresh or dried florals and make mini bundles. Secure with twine.
5. Hot glue your floral bundles to the bag. Make sure the glue is on the twine and not the florals!
6. Let the paint and glue dry and that’s it!
How pretty would this be for a bridesmaid gifts, housewarming gift, or party favors, too?